Top 10 Ways to Love Fearlessly
Let's face it: love is messy. With its magnified highs and lows, love is unpredictable and never what we expect--so much so that we might be tempted to cower in fear. But if we approach love with the courage of a warrior, we can have relationships of heroic proportions. Here are 10 ways:
- Be yourself. If we want to be loved for who we truly are, why put on an act?
- Don't believe your stories. Our interpretation of events and feelings is, in fact, just one possibility for what is actually true. Focus on what IS to get closer to the truth.
- Stay open. Fear's favorite pastime is to shut us down. But when we are vulnerable, true connection to others is possible.
- Speak up. We become silent when instead we desperately want to connect.
- Stop looking for perfection. More than likely, what we call "high standards" is a mask for our own feelings of inadequacy.
- Embrace the messiness. It gives us the gift of growth.
- Get mad. Learn the difference, though, between expressing anger responsibly and dumping it.
- Love with no thought of what you'll get in return. This is fearless love in action.
- Take responsibility. Be accountable for your own emotions, thoughts and actions.
- Love yourself. Only then can you love others and be loved.
print this page